Subject: RE: [odf-adoption] Spam again

"Carol Geyer" <carol.geyer@oasis-open.org> wrote on 08/04/2009 09:50:14
AM:

> In order to stop this kind of real-person spam, we'll need to:
>
> 1) moderate first posts from all new users, i.e., not publish them
> to the site until they're approved by a Cmte member

OK.  That should fix it.

> 2) grant "trusted user" status to people who've proven to be
> responsible posters (so we don't have to monitor their posts).

Yes.

> Since there aren't that many first-time users posting, this
> shouldn't be too big of a task. If Peter is willing to take it on,
> I'm happy to work the details with him.

Maybe get a handful of people spread over various time zones, so we have
some redundancy.  Maybe someone in China, Europe and both coasts in the
US.  I'd volunteer from the East Coast USA.

-Rob

http://opendocument.xml.org/hof/node

http://opendocument.xml.org/blog/men%E2%80%99s-jewelry-becomes-the-mainstream