Subject: ODF Plug-fest Conference Call - August 5, 2009: Summary+Actions & Next WebConference Schedule

As promised, here is a summary with actions, and next steps that we agreed to during this call.

Since we are an informal gathering, there are no 'rules' that require minutes or other recordings of our discussions. The purpose here is simply to help us all work more effectively towards a successful ODF Plug-fest in parallel with the OpenOffice.org Conference in Orvieto, Italy.

If I have made an error of any kind, inaccuracy; mis-spelling of someone's name, etc. I apologize in advance. Please help me by offering corrections, suggestions for improved communication, etc. In my view, we are a community united in the effort to improve ODF interoperability at the application level, with direct feedback to the OASIS ODF TC and OASIS ODF Interoperability and Conformance TC.

In my capacity as chair of the OASIS ODF Adoption TC, I will work to provide additional support where appropriate.

Attendees:
Michiel Leenars - OpenDocs Society
Roberto Galoppini - PLIO (proposer of the Italian ODF Plug-fest)
Michael Brauer - Sun Microsystems; OASIS ODF TC Co-chair
Rob Weir - IBM; OASIS ODF TC Co-chair
Don Harbison - IBM: OASIS ODF Adoption TC Chair
Bart Hanssens - FEDICT, Belgium; OASIS ODF Interoperability and Conformant TC Chair
Basil Cousins, - OpenForum Europe, Director.
Sachiko Muto - OpenForum Europe, Brussels.
Doug Mahue - Microsoft; OASIS ODF TC member.
Marino Marcich - ODF Alliance, Director.
Peter Junge - Red Flag China 2000, Open Source Strategy Director, OASIS ODF TC member
Dennis Hamilton - System Architect, OASIS ODF, ODF Interoperability and Conformance TC member
Oliver-Rainer Wittman - Sun Microsystems; OASIS ODF TC member
Louis Suarez-Potts - Sun Microsystems; OASIS ODF Adoption TC member; OpenOffice Community Manager

Participants introduced themselves, their affiliation(s), and interest in the ODF Plug-fest and ODF interoperability issues.

Don proposed this outline to help guide the discussions:

1) Introductions (all)
2) Discussion of current thinking on next plugfest (Michiel, Basil, Roberto)
3) Make a list of the requirements for a plugfest, from invitations (including visa letters) to registration to coffee breaks to speakers, a room, internet access, projectors, etc.  Will all of these provided for by the OpenOffice.org Conference hosts?  Or do we need to arrange for some of these ourselves?
4) What items do the Plugfest organizers need help with?
5) Do we need to submit anything for the OOo Conf CFP, which are due in a couple of weeks?
6) Agree on a mailing list for further discussion and a biweekly phone call, becoming more frequent as we get closer to November.

Summary and Actions:

Best regards,

/don

Don Harbison