Subject: RE: ODF Plug-fest Conference Call - August 5, 2009: Summary+Actions& Next Web Conference Schedule

Hi Roberto,

Great news, I'll add the info to the wiki page :-)

http://plugtest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=plugfests:200911_orvieto:info

I'll send a mail to the plugfest wiki to ask people to register for the event, so we
can estimate how many participants will be there and who will be able to test
what implementation.

Best regards,

Bart
From: Basil Cousins [basil@openforumeurope.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 8:31 AM
To: roberto.galoppini@gmail.com

Well done,

Basil

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:04 AM, Roberto Galoppini <roberto.galoppini@gmail.com<mailto:roberto.galoppini@gmail.com>> wrote:
2009/8/6  <donald_harbison@us.ibm.com<mailto:donald_harbison@us.ibm.com>>:
> As promised, here is a summary with actions, and next steps that we agreed
> to during this call.

Some updated, see below.

Best,

--
Roberto Galoppini
Open Source Strategist

> Since we are an informal gathering, there are no 'rules' that require
> minutes or other recordings of our discussions. The purpose here is simply
> to help us all work more effectively towards a successful ODF Plug-fest in
> parallel with the OpenOffice.org Conference in Orvieto, Italy.
> The participants agreed to develop a program for a 2-day ODF Plug-fest,
> scheduled for November 2 - 3, 2009 (Monday-Tuesday) in Orvieto.
> Roberto will confirm the logistics; i.e. reservation for the facilities;
> confirmation of internet connectivity via Wi-Fi.

Confirmed. I spoke with the Director of Centro Studi Orvieto
<http://www.uniorvieto.org/en/> and he said that they confirm
logistics availability also on the 2nd (even if it's a national
festivity - all saints). Wi-fi connectivity is also confirmed.

> Roberto will provide participants with information on accomodations.

OOo Conf organizer spoke with the travel agency helping us, we can set
up some special fares for ODF Plugfest participants, and there is no
problem with required room availability.

> Michiel L. reported that 65 people participated in the ODF Plugfest at The
> Hague (June 15 - 16). Approximately 50% participated at the programming
> level during The Hague plug-fest.
> The ODF Plug-fest will be 100% technical; other topics will be directed to
> the ODF track within the OpenOffice.org conference.
> The ODF Adoption TC will review the proposal to establish an 'ODF Clinic' or
> advisory service for attendees of the ODF Plug-fest and/or the
> OpenOffice.org conference to bring their ODF-specific questions.
> The OpenDocs Society will provide its mailing list and web presence service
> to support the 'ODF-Plugest Orvieto' courtesy of Michiel L.
> Publicity will be supported by OpenForum Europe and OpenDocs Society; a jump
> page will be produced for the OpenOffice.org Conference 2009 wiki
> (http://conference.services.openoffice.org/)
> Michiel offered to provide Dutch government support directly to Roberto in
> order to help win support of Italian government officials.
> Participants are requested to provide 'materials'; i.e., their document
> processing software, pre-distributed to promote productivity during the
> plug-fest where applicable. For example, IBM will provide Lotus Symphony,
> Microsoft will provide MS-Office SP2; Sun will provide Star
> Office/OpenOffice; Softmaker will provide Softmaker Office 2008; etc. This
> will greatly improve developer productivity during the Plug-fest.
> Invitations need to include new participants across the industry with a
> stake in document file processing; e.g. Apple iWork; Aspose, ezPublish,
> Alfresco, etc.

About the Italian Ministry I will meet the major of Orvieto at the
beginning of September, he is a personal friend of Renato Brunetta and
he likley help us with getting him involved with the ODF Plugfest,
more about this in one month from now.