Subject: Moderating OpenDocument.xml.org posts

ODF Adoption Committee members:
As an interim solution, our webmaster has reconfigured the OpenDocument
XML.org site so that all new posts will have to be approved by an editor
before they are "promoted" to the front page and to the RSS feed.

I'll take the lead on moderation, but any Cmte member who wants to help is
certainly welcome.

To moderate:

1. Log in to the site.

2. Go to:
http://opendocument.xml.org/admin/content/filter

3. Filter the list by "Status" to select "not promoted" nodes.

Ignore posts made earlier than June 2008. Approve valid posts by selecting
them and choosing the "promote to front page" option from the drop-down
menu. Reject spam by selecting "flag as spam" from the drop-down menu.

We'll keep working on an approach that will automatically accept posts from
validated users.

Thanks,
Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society |
+1.978.667.5115 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell) |
http://www.oasis-open.org

Take a Tour of OASIS
http://www.oasis-open.org/home/tour.php