Subject: RE: Notes from last Plugfest Organizers meetings

Hi,

I'd also suggest to formally invite (if they are not on the list already)

-  Mr. Karel De Vriendt, Head of Unit, IDABC (European Commission)
- Corel
- Apple
- Nokia (Thomas Zander of KDE/Koffice fame, but I'm interested if Nokia has plans for ODF on mobiles)
- someone from the Visor ODF Movil project
- SAP (Erwin Tenhumberg comes in mind, since their list viewer component supports generating .ods)

Best regards,

Bart
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 3:36 PM
To: Hanssens Bart; basil.cousins@openforumeurope.org; dmahugh@microsoft.com; Graham Taylor OFE; jwildebo@redhat.com; m.leenaars@opendocsociety.org; odf-adoption@lists.oasis-open.org; roberto.galoppini@gmail.com; sachiko.muto@openforumeurope.org; Alan Clark; Fabrice Mous; donald_harbison@us.ibm.com
Subject: Fw: Notes from last Plugfest Organizers meetings

There appears to be some technical difficulties with the plugtest mailing
list, so I'm resending this manually:

====

Invitations:

1) Who are we inviting?  [Same implementer list as the Hague event]

2) Who is sending out the invitations? [If we can get a government or
university sponsor, we will have them send it out.  Otherwise we will send

it out as from the leadership of OASIS TC chairs, OFE, OpenDoc Society,
ODF Alliance, etc.]

3) When will the invitation letter be ready? [ We want it to be ready by
Friday Sept 11th.  Michiel will send Roberto a draft.  We want to send out

the invites the following week, physical as well as email.]

4) When will the registration form be ready?  Online or PDF? [Michiel says

that he has an online system we can use.  We need the URL to add to the
invite.]

5) When are the invitations going out? [ Week of Sept 14th]

6) Will there be a general call for participation? [ Yes, on the Plugfest
Wiki, with further  publicity on blogs, etc.]

Registration:

7) When are participants required to register by? [ We will ask for
registration by October 19th, but we will be lenient of late responses.]

8) Who is tracking registration? [Online system to be provided by Michiel]

9) Who is providing maps, transportation and accommodation options?
[Roberto had the name of a hotel booking service in Orvieto]

Site logistics:

10) Are we confirmed on the location and rooms?  How many people can the
room accommodate? [Robert reported that we have two rooms available, one
larger one for presentations and a smaller one for technical sessions]

11) Power strips?

12) WiFi?

13) Projector? [Two if possible]

Programme:

8) Who is determining the agenda for the day? [Bart has started this work
on the Wiki]

9) When will the agenda be finished and ready to post?

Refreshments:

10) Coffee in morning and breaks?
11) Lunch ?
12) Dinner ?  [ for 3000 Euro we could have  a dinner for 50-60 people]

Funding:

13) Does this effort require any additional funding?  [Probably]
14) If so, where will it come from?  Sponsorship?  Participation Fee?

Communications:

15) Press release? [ Roberto reports that the main OOoCon has a good local

communications company involved.  We may be able to work with them as
well.]
16) Interviews?