Subject: Re: [odf-adoption] digital signatures

I guess it depends on what you think the user should be made aware of:

1) The signing state of every document they open, whether unsigned, valid
signature or invalid signature?

2) Or only give a more prominent notification in the exceptional case:
invalid signature (such as from a tampered document)?

There is often the risk of "security fatigue" where if the user is shown
too many popups and information, that they become desensitized and fail to
notice when the rare, but critical exceptions occur.

But I suppose this is really a user preference.  In some cases an unsigned
document may be the exceptional case that requires a prominent warning,
while in other cases this is not a problem.

-Rob