Subject: Draft Minutes: TC Coordination Call - October 6, 2009

Please find the draft minutes below.

1.) Logistics

 - Roll call

Peter Junge                 Beijing Redflag Chinese 2000 Software Co.
Bart Hanssens                 Fedict
Donald Harbison         IBM
Robert Weir                 IBM
Alan Clark                 Novell
Marino Marcich                 OpenDocument Format Alliance (ODFA)
Louis Suarez-Potts         Sun Microsystems

 - Determination of quorum status  - A quorum was achieved.

 - Review, amend/approve the minutes from our September 22, 2009 TC call:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odf-adoption/email/archives/200909/msg00014.html

- Acceptance of today's agenda

2.) Opendocument.xml.org web site:  Discussion continued.

We still do not have a firm position on sponsorship for the renewal of the ODF Focus area on http://opendocument.xml.org. IBM is considering renewal, but it appears that no other corporate member of the ODF Adoption TC is also considering.

Red Flag China 2000 is undergoing a re-organization reflecting the challenging business climate, and is not in position to sponsor

The Oracle merger with Sun is delayed until January pending review by the authorities in the EU.

Novell declined.

Google is no longer an active TC participant.

3.) Status update for OpenOffice.org Conference planning including ODF Track, ODF Interoperability Workshop, etc. - All

Discussion regarding the need for a press plan; little to no action from the conference organizers so far.
Confirmed to attend the conference are: Weir, Harbison, Suarez-Potts, Junge and Hanssens.
Marino and Alan Clark will not be attending.

4.) Review, TC Action Item plan: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/odf-adoption/OdfAdoptionTcActionItems - All

5.) ODF News / Round Table  -- All

Discussion re. status of ODF 1.2. Target for all (3) parts to be in Public Review is 1Q/2010.

ODF 1.2 collateral status: presentation complete. Need FAQ, and short paper still.

We discussed the new OASIS requirement for an Interoperability Demo. The Adoption TC may be asked to lead this. Don to consult with Jane Harnad at OASIS.

Louis gave a short report on OpenWorld Forum in Paris.

Alan gave a short update on the Utah Open Source conference.

Marino planning trip to Indonesia.

Meeting adjourned.

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative