Subject: XAdES signatures for ODF

Hi,

Frank Cornelis (Fedict's PKI expert) did a great job in implementing XAdES for ODF.
His eID applet and related services can be found here:

http://code.google.com/p/eid-applet/

It goes far beyond just signing documents, and of course it's more or less focused on the
Belgian eID card (which is basically a secure smartcard), but I assume the TC is mostly
interested in the ODF signing part:

http://eid-applet.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/eid-applet-service-signer/src/main/java/be/fedict/eid/applet/service/signer/

During the ODF plugfest, I'll be happy to highlight the interop-issues we've encountered
with OOo (as far as I know, the only office suite codebase that supports XML-DSIG), and
make some suggestions for improving signature support in ODF applications.

As mentioned during the call, the support for digital signatures (and to a lesser extent,
encryption) in traditional applications probably depends on the availability of portable
libraries.

Perhaps these libraries are worth looking at:

http://santuario.apache.org/c/index.html
http://www.aleksey.com/xmlsec/

Best regards,

Bart