Subject: Draft Minutes: TC Coordination Call - February 16, 2010

Please find our minutes from the February 16, 2010 TC meeting below.

1.) Logistics

- Roll call

Charles Schulz                Ars Aperta
Donald Harbison        IBM
Rob Weir                IBM
Peter Junge                Individual
Alan Clark                Novell

- Determination of quorum status
A quorum was not achieved.

- Review, amend/approve the minutes from our February 16, 2010 TC call:
No action was taken since a quorum was not achieved.

- Acceptance of today's agenda
No changes to the agenda.

1.) Defining the ODF Adoption TC 2010 Workplan --- continued from February 2nd discussion.
We discussed the ODF Focus Area web site. Rob suggested that we request that the Forums be cleared since there is no traffic.

Rob pointed to the DITA Focus Area for a best practices example, particularly the serivces section.

a) Collaterals

Rob is working on drafting a paper with the working title: "How to Author Interoperable ODF Documents" with practical advice and background information. Don will contribute a paper he authored on a related topic.

b) Tools - ODF Programmability

c) Web sites
A new home page design was discussed.

2.) Document Freedom Day plan?
Don will author a short 1-pager 'Introducing ODF 1.2' and make it available to the DFD web presence.

We discussed the pros and cons of producing a series of podcasts as a new type of content deliverable. Rob has the necessary equipment. We agreed to consult with OASIS staff to learn if the Kavi infrastructure will accomodate the distribution of the podcasts.

Alan Clark indicated that Novell may be able to provide production support and planning services for us. Alan will confirm if the service is available to the TC.

We agreed to draft a basic query template to assist in planning podcast interviews. Categories for podcasts could include: conference reports, application developer interviews, TC update(s) (OIC, and ODF TCs)

3.) ODF News / Round Table  -- All
Charles provided an update on progress at lpOD. A new project 'lpOD Squared' is in the works; lpOD 'sitting on the cloud. Also, lpOD for the movie industry.

Rob summarized current status and progress of ODF 1.2.

Rob provided an update on the next SC34 meeting scheduled for late March in Stockholm.

/don

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
Tel. +1-978-399-7018