Subject: Draft Minutes: TC Coordination Call - December 7, 2010

1.) Logistics

- Roll call

Donald Harbison IBM Group Member
Rob Weir IBM Group Member
David LeDuc ODF Alliance Guest
Louis Suarez-Potts Oracle Corporation Group Member

- Determination of quorum status
A quorum was achieved; 3/5 Voting Members attending.
- Approve November 9th minutes: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odf-adoption/email/archives/201011/msg00003.html
The minutes were approved.
- Acceptance of today's agenda
The agenda was accepted.

2.) Change in perspective (reassess focus) for ODF promotion   - Louis
TC members reviewed the progress on the (3) key messages/talking points for ODF 1.2 collateral development. They are:
a) submitted by Don Harbison
  1. Open
  2. Feature rich and mature
  3. Interoperable
b)submitted by Alan Clark
1. Developers: Open Standard: Rich feature set of the specification
2. Consumer: The open standard helps me find interoperable applications and solutions I need across a wide spectrum of platforms and services
3. Open Standard: Returns ownership of the data to the owner of the data.

Louis informed the TC that he will be adding his proposed points later today, December 7th. For example, Louis proposed 'open and extensible' during discussions.

TC members reviewed the ODF Adoption Action Item wiki  for currency. The Action Item list was updated following discussions accordingly: http://wiki.oasis-open.org/odf-adoption/OdfAdoptionTcActionItems#preview

TC members discussed the need for an Annual Report on the state of ODF adoption. Dave LeDuc took the action as reflected in the wiki.

TC members discussed the upcoming ODF Plug-fest and how they compare and contrast with previous 'ODF Government' workshops.

3.) ODF 1.2 - brief update : Rob
The ODF 1.2 requested that the 15 Public Review be initiated for ODF 1.2 Committee Specification.

The ODF TC has formally launched  a new Subcommittee -- Advanced Document Collaboration to focus on change tracking initially.

4.) ODF Focus Area - 2011 planning

Don urged TC members to continue to contribute fresh content to the ODF Focus area. It's an investment we, as TC members have made, and it's important to maximize its value.

Meeting adjourned.

Don Harbison
Program Director, IBM ODF Initiative
Tel. +1-978-399-7018