Subject: minutes, ODF Adoption TC Conference Call, 2010-01-04

Thanks to Rob for supplying his call in number….

The meeting was brief and there was no quorum: only Rob and I (Louis) attended.

Rob did summarize the ODF TC activity:

* Later this month changes made to the 1.2 specification will undergo a 15-day public review

* A subcommittee has been impaneled to track changes (might have gotten this wrong in recording it)

—

We both agree that with the advent of the final conclusion of 1.2, there is a splendid opportunity to recruit new voices for discussions and the promotion of ODF 1.3 (aka, ODF next).

I would suggest that we have strategy for this as a key theme for subsequent ODF TC Adoption meetings. I'd also like to suggest, as I did on the phone, that we hold open the option of flexible meeting times or media, such as chat rooms, to accommodate those whose written English is more fluent than their spoken, and whose timezone makes writing easier than speaking.

-0-

We also have a slew of AIs that we need to go over. These mostly deal with presenting the ODF to developer organizations and others interested in working with, on, and using the format. With the new year, and the end of holidays—sigh—it's time to get to work :-)

cheers, and happy new year,
Louis