Subject: Draft Minutes: ODF Adoption TC - February 7, 2012

Open Document Format Adoption TC meeting minutes February 7, 2012

1.) Logistics

- Roll call
Company        Name                         Role
Novell                Alan Clark                Voting Member
Individual        Andreas Guelzow        Voting Member
IBM                Donald Harbison        Chair
Individual        Svante Schubert        Member
Ars Aperta        Charles Schulz                Voting Member
Individual        Louis Suarez-Potts        Voting Member

- Determination of quorum status
Quorum was achieved.

- Acceptance of today's agenda
Agenda was accepted.

1) Followup for ODF Brasil -- Charles to contact Jomar Silva to re-purpose the ODF Brasil twitter account.
Charles volunteered to connect with Brazilian ODF advocates and work this issue.

2) Discussion to reduce or eliminate redundant content of ODF on public web sites: opendocument.xml.org; opendocumentformat.org. ODF Fellowship. ODF Alliance site  ....how to consolidate the web site property

Don to work with ODF Alliance and OpenDocs Society. Others welcome to contribute.

3)Wikipedia ODF entries-- update the wiki and oversight; add technical content to the wikipedia site.
We agreed to continue to do this. Andre has been working on this.

4) Rob adding a new goal; some of our TC members have split responsibilities.. set a goal to recruit new members to the TC. Can we get some new volunteers from LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice?

5) Document Freedom Day - March 28th --- Svante to interlock with the DFD team to provide basic presentation content for re-use, translation. We also highlighted Sunshine Week here in the US.

6) Events planning
a) LinuxTag in Berlin, May 23 - 26 --- Juergen Schmidt and Thorsten Behrens have submitted papers.
b)  GUADEC and Akademy, the desktop Linux conferences scheduled for July
c) OSCON - July 16 - 20, Portland, Oregon, USA
d) ApacheCon -- still uncertain there will be a 2012 conference.

Meeting adjourned.

Respectfully submitted,

Donald Harbison
Program Director