odf-advocacy message

Subject: RE: [odf-advocacy] Information on ODF Advocacy project

Title: RE: [odf-advocacy] Information on ODF Advocacy project

Dear Italo,

Thanks very much for the information. In fact, my colleague Giacomo, who I now include in CC of this thread, talked to me about your exchange and was going to contact you, as we would like to explore the possibility of having you at CERN to talk about all this.

I am definitely interested in the methodology you mention below, is this available somewhere?

Thanks a lot,

Maria

The ODF Advocacy Open Project has been launched by The Document
Foundation, the home of LibreOffice, in early 2019. We - Marina Latini
and me, who co-chair the project - have done a number of presentations
in 2019, and have collected all the available literature on the topic.
We will start publishing these materials soon, sharing them on the
project mailing list.

Unfortunately, the previous ODF Adoption Technical Committee did not
invest on communications so we have decided to collect some background
material before starting any official activity, as without supporting
evidence the actions would not be effective.

I am happy to organize a conference call to discuss the topic, and
provide some background materials before they get published online and
shared on the mailing list.

As a side note, I have met one of your colleagues in Milan (Giacomo
Tenaglia), and we have discussed briefly about the migration protocol
suggested by The Document Foundation to manage the migration process
from MS Office to LibreOffice. You might be interested in knowing more
about this methodology.

Best regards, Italo Vignoli

--
Italo Vignoli - Marketing & PR