Subject: Table discussion in SVG

I verified what Chieko found regarding tables in presenations - the convert to svg rectangular drawing objects with text inside.

We can see from the following content snippet that names are being used to signify semantics about the table. The first problem I see is that even if you could make heads or tails out of the name information (I am unaware of the convention) that you can't do things like define what row is the header. The table markup in ODF allows for this. We could annotate this with role information from the DHTML specification whereas we have a row and column header as its is a cross cutting technology. I will submit what it looks like in writer when a table is used.

<draw:g draw:name="Table1" draw:TableGroup="true">

(See attached file: tabletest.odp)

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=441

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?tabletest=2Eodp?=