Subject: Writer table example

The net of this is why must we use SVG as the only drawing mechanism in a presentation. Accessibility information added is a hack that only appears to work for Open Office. Another rendering engine might (like a PDA) may not understand the semantics behind the names added to the SVG markup. We also end up in potentially two different table implementation paradigms.

- Nathaniel, we need to determine from the TC whether there is a reason that tables were not used in presentations as opposed to SVG. We need to also know if this is a hard requirement for the ODF Spec. Note: switching to real ODF tables could be a big hit to
- If this is a hard requirement we will need to define a standardized markup to add to SVG. We also need to determine how SVG expands to the DOM so that we can reproduce table structure in a standard fashion.

- Our decision will impact keyboard navigation as SVG has some of its own conventions for navigation.

Unlike in presentation where we use SVG to generate rectangles forming a table we have the following code snippet:

(See attached file: tabletestwriter.odt)

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=441

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?tabletestwriter=2Eodt?=