Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] RNIB

Yes. I would like to see a content transform such as a conversion from contents.xml to DAISY using an XSLT. Do we need additional meta dat to make the end result better? For example, is there sectional data that we could apply to a writer document to facilitate transformation? We want to preserve structural navigation where possible.

Can we take a presentation and summarize it in talking book format - slide by slide?

I have not done a lot with XSLTs so what would you recommend. I like Apache as there is a non-Java solution as well. For example, the open office people might want to avoid a Java solution.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=441

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost

Inactive hide details for "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>

          "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>

          02/20/2006 03:56 PM

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

mpaciello@paciellogroup.com, office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [office-accessibility] RNIB

On 20/02/06, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Dave, it would be good if you could start reviewing the ODF spec. for DAISY support. ... what do we need to do to assist daisy format transformation?

In what scenario?
As a transform, 'within' writer, to save the text file of a DAISY book?
As an external process, unzip contents.xml, transform to the 'text file'?
Which transform standard? XSLT 2.0 is so much nicer to use,
and its nearing rec status, possibly this year.
Any constraints, e.g. Can I use Sun java? Limited to Apache Xalan?
Could both be the same transform for both use cases, but then again....

What metadata to go across?
Any round tripping expected - since it's downhill, I'd suggest not appropriate.

Finally, are there any schema complete test cases that could be used
for testing? I.e. exercise most branches of the schema.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.