Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] RNIB

Dave,

Just tell us what we need and we will work to get it added. We can add accessibility role meta data. Currently the PF working group is doing this for DHTML. We can add it here. For example, things like Frountmatter and rearmatter could be added. This is our chance to get it in. We could add things like the role attribute to the markup:

Does Daisy have a namespace we can reference?

x2:role="daisy:frountmatter"

Cheers,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=441

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost

Inactive hide details for "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>"Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>

          "Dave Pawson" <dave.pawson@gmail.com>

          02/21/2006 02:14 AM

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

mpaciello@paciellogroup.com, office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [office-accessibility] RNIB

On 20/02/06, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Yes. I would like to see a content transform such as a conversion from contents.xml to DAISY using an XSLT. Do we need additional meta dat to make the end result better?
dp. Some is needed. Until I see what is available in standard writer
metadata I don't know
the match. We can probably dummy out required but unavailable metadata.

For example, is there sectional data that we could apply to a writer
document to facilitate transformation? We want to preserve structural
navigation where possible.

Writer documents are flat, structure wise. The headings provide navigational
structure. That can be copied over to the six layers allowed by daisy.

>  Can we take a presentation and summarize it in talking book format - slide by slide?

dp. I've not looked at Presentation XML at all. I'll try writer first.
An approach would be
for n pages, one page per slide?

>  I have not done a lot with XSLTs so what would you recommend. I like Apache as there is a non-Java solution as well. For example, the open office people might want to avoid a Java solution.

dp. Might? Do you mean use Daniel Veillards xslt engine? How do we
find out what is available internally? Is it Xalan C?

I asked.
>  Finally, are there any schema complete test cases that could be used
>  for testing? I.e. exercise most branches of the schema.

Where do we find out about this? On the dev list?

regards DaveP

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.