Subject: Re: [office] Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Fw: [office-accessibility] Inclusionof tables in the .odp profile for presentations

Hi Lars,

I have to agree with Malte here. Tables should behave as if they were part of the slide. A goal of this groups effort is to raise the bar on the accessibility and usability of presentations. As Malte indicates we introduce usability and accessibility problems on a number of levels. Users would find using an embedded OLE object for table as a step back from what they are accustomed to today.

Cheers,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=441

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost

Inactive hide details for Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@Sun.COM>Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@Sun.COM>

          Malte Timmermann <Malte.Timmermann@Sun.COM>

          02/24/2006 03:51 AM

Lars Oppermann <Lars.Oppermann@Sun.COM>

cc

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg <Michael.Brauer@Sun.COM>, Yue MA <mayue@cn.ibm.com>, office@lists.oasis-open.org, office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [office] Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Fw: [office-accessibility] Inclusion of tables in the .odp profile for presentations

Bad thing with embedded object is

- If you read the slide with AT, you can't read the content of OLE objects

- Activation normally doesn't help here, you would have to read the
content from OLE separately
(Special OOo implementation of internal OLE objects could change that,
but...)

- You can't activate OLE in read-only documents

- OLE objects can't grow while editing, which would be really bad for
table editing

Malte.