Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] face to face deadlines

Hi Rich,

> Will the TC provide us with the tables in presentations proposal to
> review before the meeting? This is critical if we are going to review,
> gain consensus and get resolved before June. Have they addressed the
> list of questions we provided you?

The chair of the TC is aware of our meeting time, and is working with a
TC member and fellow Sun employee Florian Reuter, who has the task of
proposal a way to encode tables in presentations.

I dashed out the door to the meeting with Michael and unfortunately left
the list of questions on my desk; but we discussed them from my memory.
The questions all revolved around the user interface presentation of
tables in presentations, which Michael pointed out is all tied into the
implementation.  Michael said that from an ODF point of view tables in
Writer are very much the same as tables in the spreadsheet, though the
user interface is completely different.  Questions like how to handle
scrolling in tables that are larger than the rectangle they are embedded
in, editing modes, etc. are all part of the user interface which is not
the purview of the file format (or Michael's expertise).  These are all
important questions for accessibility, but they flow from the user
interface implementation.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,