Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Table support for OpenDocumentPresentations

I had read the minutes from a previous TC and there was a question whether reproducing the Microsoft "grid" capability in presentations was adequate. The response was yes.

My answer would be no - we need to ensure we have table row and columneader semantics.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/dw_blog.jspa?blog=441

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.", Frost

Inactive hide details for Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@Sun.COM>Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@Sun.COM>

          Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@Sun.COM>
          Sent by: Peter.Korn@Sun.COM

          05/10/2006 05:49 PM

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

Florian Reuter <Florian.Reuter@Sun.COM>, office@lists.oasis-open.org, office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

[office-accessibility] Re: [office] Table support for OpenDocument Presentations

Hi Rich,

I thought we'd discussed this - that these questions are entirely part
of the user interface in presentations that wrap around the ODF table
implementation.

I agree these are issues we have to work out with the folks implementing
tables in presentations in our office suites, but I don't see how that
impacts our XML encoding decision.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,