Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Accessibility Evaluation ofthe OpenDocument v1.0 specification

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the kind words.  I know I speak for all of the accessibility
SC members in thanking you and the OASIS ODF TC for how warmly you have
embraced our work.  It is still fairly rare in the computing industry
that accessibility be consciously built into technology (rather than
bolted on as an afterthought).  Since ODF grew out of the
StarOffice/OpenOffice.org XML file format which itself had over 4 years
of OpenOffice.org accessibility work, and since ODF incorporates so many
W3C technologies that themselves have gone through accessibility review,
a tremendous amount of accessibility support was already built into ODF
from the start.

We are all very eager to work with you to see these recommendations
adopted into ODF 1.1, and into ODF applications, as quickly as possible.

Regarding our proposal, please see the section titled "Miscellaneous
Corrections to ODF 1.0 Specification".  In our accessibility review of
section 9.2.15 of the ODF specification, we came across what we believe
is an error.  If it isn't too late, please review this for the ODF 1.0
revision for ISO.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,