Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] ODF TC accessibility summary from meeting earlier today

Clarification please.

On 13/06/06, Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@sun.com> wrote:

> So,
> one action item is for you Bruce & Dave - to draft XML schema to address
> the caption requirement (Requirement #6).
I'll asssume you mean item 6 from our requirement documents Peter. My version
is 052606b.
quote. 6.0 Requirement: Alternative text for drawing objects (line
5926 of spec.). end quote.

1. This doesn't mention captions explictly.
2. We have not proposed a schema modification for the insertion of
svg:title and
svg:desc.

From memory we were leaving that to the TC? I.e. it's not our job.

PK.
>   One question came up (from
> Florian Reuter) with this: is there any accessibility requirement for
> soft line-breaks?  Dave Pawson - does DAISY usage refer to lines that
> things are on, or just pages, paragraphs, sections, and such like?
> Implementing soft line-breaks is not something the TC is eager to do (it
> would significantly increase the file size!), but they don't want to
> miss anything we feel is important.  So Dave, can I have your thoughts
> on this, either via e-mail or in our meeting this coming Thursday?

Braille and large print flow block level content as in any other similar media.
There is no accessibility requirement that I know of for line breaks.
For poetry or drama where line breaks are important, then the line is
turned into a block level object where line numbers can be added.

So no, I have no requirement for soft line breaks

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.