Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] ODF TC accessibility summary from meetingearlier today

Hi Bruce,

> In any case, I'm worried, as I said, that using the linking approach
> is not a good long-term one, and will conflict with the metadata
> work.  So I'm wondering how we balance all this.
>
> Perhaps in any case Dave and I ought to come up with an alternate
> proposal so that the two can be points of reference for resolution?

I think that is an excellent idea!  Also, I'd like to explore further
the linking concerns.  There are a number of important places where we
are using linking on the desktop in general (e.g. text fields and the
objects that label them) - in large but not exclusive measure because
app writers often don't create logical GUI hierarchies.  With ODF we
have a lot more control, so that is less of an issue.  Nontheless,
linking is a powerful tool we are increasingly finding uses for in
accessibility.

Regards,

Peter