Subject: Re: [office] accessibility caption proposal comments

Rich,

Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote On 06/22/06 18:17,:
> Thanks Michael.
>
> content-id is fine.
>
> It looks like all text for a caption is wrapped in a text:sequence. I
> have only seen the use of draw:text-box in Open Office and Workplace
> implementations. Is this a spec. change and user agent implementation
> change or just a user agent implementation change?

It's a user agent implementation change. User agents would have to wrap the
caption in an additional <text:section> element if it constist of more than
one paragraph (what I assume won't happen very often). The draw:text-box,
that is exported by OOo and Workpace, still would exist, since it is required
to position the text-box. The advantage I have seen in using a section here
is that it seems to make clearer what belongs to the caption. The text box
that contains the caption also contains the object which references the
section, so referencing it may lead to some kind of ambuguity. However, this
could simply be resolved by specifying that the element that takes the
caption-id and its content should not be considered to be part of the
caption. If we do that, referencing a draw:text-box actually is a very
interesting option, that keeps changes for existing applications smaller.

The more I think about it, I consider your proposal to reference a
draw:text-box to be the better solution. I will put this on the agenda for
the Monday TC call.

Michael