Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Draft suggested outline for the Accessibility Appendix of the ODF 1.1 specification

HI Peter.
Just reflecting a view I've heard so many times.
'But what should I do'?

If the emphasis is on what a user of ODF should/can do
to make documents more accessible to all, then great.
If it shifts to academia...

I'd appreciate that focus early on, and for it to be maintained
throughout?

Other than that, the only comment I'd have might be.

>     *
>
>       (special commentary on alternate presentations of documents [e.g.
>       DAISY]?)

...REpresentations for different user groups.

>     *
>
>       Keyboard navigation/mouseless
>       Refer to standard keyboard gestures on various desktops
>       Must always have visible indication of focus
>       Conventions for selection, caret navigation, etc.

Visible? How about accessible.
   We all need to find the focus. Some of us need it shown in different ways.

I like the structure. Picks all the areas we need attention.
If each section tells an author 'what to do' to aid accessibility
then it has my vote.

regards

--
Dave Pawson