Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] OpenDocument v1.1 CommitteeDraft 1

Hi Michael, all,

In our SC meeting (just concluded), we unanimously agreed that we do not
want to delay the ODF 1.1 process, and do not think we can have the text
for everything we want to have for a set of Accessibility Guidelines
ready in time to keep the process on schedule.  We furthermore do like
the text in the existing Appendix E - most especially E1 and E3, which
we think are very important.

What we would like to is make a slight modification to the existing
Appendix E, to add a note saying essentially: "Please see the
additional, detailed Accessibility Guidelines at
http://oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/guidelines.  That more
comprehensive document will be the up-to-date set of recommendations for
what all ODF applications should to in order to fully support
accessibility."

We would then put onto that page a link to the Accessibility Guidelines
document we are now working on.

If I'm not mistaken, there has also been discussion within the TC of
other Guidelines documents.  We might perhaps have a page at a URL like
the one suggested above which contains a suite of guidelines.

I plan to join the TC call next week Monday, to be available to discuss
this further.

Regards,

Peter