Subject: minutes 27 July 06. Corrected

Date: 2006-07-27T15:47:30.0Z
Date: 2006-07-27T15:47:30.0Z

Date: 2006-07-31T08:02:54.0Z

  • Mike Paciello
  • Tatsuya Ishihara
  • Steve Noble
  • Chieko Asakawa
Scribe(s): Dave Pawson

Agenda

Item. Roll Call

Item. Review & approve two sets minutes

Item. Entertain any final concerns from our group on the ODF v1.1 committee draft spec. (draft #2),

Item. RS. Appendix E proposed mod.

1  Minutes approval

DISCUSSION: Review amp; approve the minutes (please see minutes from the 13July meeting at: oasis and the 20July meeting at: Oasis)

  • PK: Unanimous approval, both weeks.

2  Final review, 1.1

DISCUSSION: Entertain any final concerns from our group on the ODF v1.1 committee draft spec. (draft #2), which can be seen at: Oasis and which will any moment now go out for public review. Please see Oasis for my a11y review of this document, which also may serve as a useful guide for locating the accessibility supporting changes in the v1.1 spec.

  • PK. Clarified approach. E.4, Noted supplement at given url.
  • RS. Wording. IBM concern over wording. Users importing non-OpenDocument slides that contain tables need access to the table structure via their assistive technology. Therefore tables imported into OpenDocument from another file format must have their structure preserved, and should be imported as embedded spreadsheets. to: Users importing non-OpenDocument slides that contain tables need access to the table structure via their assistive technology. Therefore tables imported into an OpenDocument application from another file format must have their structure preserved, and when saved as ODF should be saved as embedded spreadsheets. The way this was previously worded was ambiguous in that Open Document applications may import powerpoint slides natively and saying that you would need to convert the document to an embedded spreadsheet for a powerpoint slide would be incorrect. and IBM would like to see this changed.
  • RS: Proposed change to following: Users importing non-OpenDocument slides that contain tables need access to the table structure via their assistive technology. Therefore tables imported into an OpenDocument application from another file format must have their structure preserved, and when saved as ODF should be saved as embedded spreadsheets.
  • PK. Sense is that this should be part of 60 day review, as a process issue.
  • RS. Proposed to Michael B and ask how might be put to standard.
  • PK. No objections to proposed change.
  • PK. No other concerns.
  • PK. Consider that appendix E is non-normative.

Action item: Take editorial clarification to Michael B.

Who? RS.

Due date: Before end of play today.

3  Decide on what text we will place in the placeholder URL for our Accessibility Guidelines (to go at the URL: Oasis)

DISCUSSION: DP. Rationale was to avoid empty table of contents. Just place a sentance.

  • PK. Unanimous. HTML page. PK to generate.

4  Finalize the Accessibility Guidelines outline

DISCUSSION: Finalize the Accessibility Guidelines outline, and assign various of us to do various bits of it. I expect this may take the bulk of our meeting... The latest draft is attached, and can also be found at: Oasis

  • PK. Currently have an early review. Want to assign owners. Task is to generate a draft.
  • Assignments as follows: 1, 2 Peter Korn. 3, DaveP. 4, Rich S. 5, Janina. 6, Chieko.
  • Peter K to own master, section owners until available for comment.

5  RS. Appendix E proposed modification.

DISCUSSION:

  • CA. We will make a presentation for the presentation accessibility at August 10th telcon.

The Oasis irc server is irc.oasis-open.org, channel &office-accessibility

Summary of Actions

RS.