Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] ODF Document Cultural Sensitivity

On 11/01/07, Janina Sajka <janina@freestandards.org> wrote:
> In my read through our ODF Accessibility draft I kept coming across alt
> text references to a decorative graphic of a pig. Since a great
> percentage of the Planet's population rather despises this animal, I
> wonder if we should choose some other graphic? To avoid any possibility
> of offense?

Yes, you're being hyper-sensitive..... maybe.

I used it because I have it as my site logo (yes, without thinking).
So I'm not the one to judge.

Is Janina too sensitive...? Not something I would have accused
her of prior to this comment!

If its inappropriate, can someone find.... hang on,
the Linux penguin would substitute equally well (IMHO,
until Rich tells me that the other half of the world dislikes penguins.....

You provide it Janina, I'll edit the files?

regards
(only half in jest, I have no wish to offend).

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.