Subject: "Document Processing for Accessibility" workshop in Paris,30Jan07 & EUAIN project

Hi gang,

I just found out about the "Document Processing for Accessibility"
workshop which is to take place in Paris on January 30, 2007.  See
http://www2.nen.nl/nen/servlet/dispatcher.Dispatcher?id=232374 for
details.  The workshop is supposed to discuss the "CEN Workship
Agreement Document Processing for Accessibility", at
http://www2.nen.nl/cmsprod/groups/public/documents/bestand/234440.pdf
Also note the business plan & workshop info, at:
http://www.cenorm.be/cenorm/businessdomains/businessdomains/isss/activity/ws-dpa.asp

As I understand it, this work stems from the EUAIN project (EUropean
Accessible Information Network), a research project based in the
Netherlands and funded by FP6 - the Sixth European Framework Programme
for research funding in the European Community.  In addition to this
workshop, the EUAIN project has also put together code & guidelines for
making accessible (and electronic) books.  See http://www.euain.org for
info, and especially see http://demonstrator.euain.org/ for their
demonstrator application that takes ODF (specifically .odt) for input
and generates a variety of outputs from the DTBok (NISO Z39.86)
intermediary format.  (see
http://braillenet.althosting.net/converters/index.jsp for a nice summary
of the 'demonstrator').

Dave - do you know anything about this? RNIB is listed as a EUAIN member.

Rich - I understand you will be giving a presentation at a conference in
Paris on January 29th.  Will you be in town the following day, and able
to attend this conference?

Peter