Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Re: Jaws accessibility of open office authored document.

On 22/01/07, Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@sun.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Into what version of MS-Word did you save this file?  "Word 6.0", "Word
> 95", or "Word 97/2000/XP"?  If it is a single version of the MS-Word
> file format that is working on Word 2003 & 2000 and failing in Word '97,
> then I'd rather suspect the problem is with Word '97 + JAWS, and has
> nothing to do with either ODF or the OOo translation code.
>
> Have you tried creating a table of contents from scratch in Word '97 and
> seen how that works with JAWS?

See my later email Peter.
It's a combination. Word 97 + the toc generated by Ooo.

I'm not allocating blame, just stating facts.

Result: I won't ever use Ooo again to generate Word documents.
Ooo HTML is good enough for me....
  Though xml -> html is better/leaner.

I hate being embarassed by the tools I use.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.