Subject: RE: [office-accessibility] Minutes from 30May07 OASIS ODF accessibility subcommittee meeting

Peter -

One slight correcton on Kurzweil contact action item. On Thursday, Steve
Noble recommended Stephen Baum of Kurzweil. I agreed that Stephen was a very
good contact and suggested Rich contact Stephen. Stephen's contact
information is as follows:

Stephen Baum [steve@kesi.com]

- Mike

Mike Paciello
Cell: +1.603.566.7713

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter.Korn@Sun.COM [mailto:Peter.Korn@Sun.COM]
Sent: Saturday, June 02, 2007 1:26 AM
To: office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [office-accessibility] Minutes from 30May07 OASIS ODF accessibility
subcommittee meeting

Attendees
----------

Janina Sajka
Steve Nobel
Tatsuya Ishihara
Peter Korn

1) Approve minutes for last ODF Accessibility SC Meeting
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/arch
ives/200705/msg00013.html

  -> Minutes approved

2) Status of Mac's review of the ODF 1.1 Accessibility Guidelines?
[Mike Paciello?]
 -> Mak is on target to have the guide back to us by June 15th

3) Rich's Initial review of changes to ODF 1.2
(http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/23991/Open
Document-v1.2-draft3.odt)

3.1.13 <meta:auto_reload>and 3.1.13 <meta:ReloadDelay> Need to modify
developer guidelines to ensure acceptable reload times (don't want to
cause a seizure) to provide author guidance in line with WCAG 2. We need
to define what an acceptable reload delay is.

3.1.14 <meta:hyperlink-behaviour> Needs to specify what happens when a
hyperlink is activated. we should say something about point of regard in
our developer guidelines

3.2/3/3 User Defined/Custom meta data - need to see what will do with
this. we could reuse user-defined meta data to store added semantics
such as for business presentations.

4.6 Do we need to do more with Change Tracking?

8.2.4 Header Rows - the author of this section asks if this text is
acceptable for the use of row headers (Rich says yes)
To facilitate accessibility the element must be used to encapsulate row
headers. Accessibility is diminished by the use of styles to designate
row headers.

8.2.6 Subtables - Subtables must be deprecated. Tables alters the
row/column references such that users who are blind get disoriented
within the table. Note: Rich did send an email to Rob Weir regarding
deprecating Subtables.

-> No disagreements on the call with the issues that Rich raises;
agreement with his proposals.  The group has not sufficiently reviewed
the 1.2 spec. to have any additions to these.

4) MathML - Do we need to do more with MathML?
 -> Steve Nobel looked over the draft 1.2 spec. for MathML.  Just a
pointer to the W3C spec.  Steve Nobel (who will get with Neil Soiffer)
to take a second look at it.  Will also take a look at the spec. for
MathML in OpenXML

5) Kurzweil Action Item - Mike, do we have a technical contact?
 -> No word from Mike

6) Request to the group: review TEITAC draft for accessible content as
it pertains to ODF 1.2
http://teitac.org/wiki/Web_and_Software:_Draft_2#Recommendations_on_a_new_se
ction_to_cover_content_formats

  -> Janina, Steve to look over this text, provide their thoughts on
both the recommendations themselves, and also on how ODF 1.1/1.2
addresses these recommendations.

7) Upcoming vacation for Peter...  will be out June 12 - June 21.