Subject: Re: [office] Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] Re: [office-accessibility] Re: [office] usecases for "is-subtable" attribute

Pete,

Is the Sudoku example an appropriate use case to discuss the future direction of office documents?
I tried hard to find other examples of "logically nested" tables, but I could not find any....

I agree that the Sudoku is an example of a semantically (essentially) nested table, even if it may not be an appropriate example.
We have some alternative methods to deal with the example, e.g. table headers, use of nested tables (not is-subtable), use of just table with instruction (since it has special semantics for a game), and so on.
I feel the table header is the best method to deal with the example, since we can add "controllable (editable, modifiable)" semantics to each cell.

Anyway, I want to investigate more examples, if possible.

Thank you.
Hiro

Hironobu Takagi, PhD.
User Experience and Accessibility Technology
Tokyo Research Laboratory, IBM Research
+81-46-215-4557
E-mail: takagih@jp.ibm.com

Pete Brunet <brunet@us.ibm.com>