Subject: Minutes, rough. 23 Aug 2007

* Now talking on &office-accessibility
RichS http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200708/msg00016.html
dpawson janina, Rich, Steve, Pete Brunet.
dpawson Hiro,
dpawson Previous minutes.
dpawson Proposed DP.
dpawson  Seconded JS
dpawson 2.4.2 Any additional settings.
dpawson RS. Suggested cursor clarity for low vision.
dpawson +1
dpawson RS. Reflect OS font effects/ system settings.
dpawson JS. Supports use of system settings.
dpawson RS. Keep this on hold.
dpawson Agreed.
* tatsuya (www-data@ws00.oasis-open.org) has joined &office-accessibility
Hiro where is the latest ODF schema - RelaxNG file?
dpawson Hiro,  they were on the list, from Michael.
dpawson RS. Note that large magnification may not match cursor to font sizes
dpawson JS. May make a mismatch between settings and OS settings.
tatsuya schema is here
tatsuya http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/25034/OpenDocument-schema-v1.2-draft5.zip
dpawson DP. How its done, don't care. The match is between OS settings
and application.
dpawson Hiro. Section 2.4, No vocabulary for configuration , e.g. zoom
or font sizes.
dpawson Hiro. Need specific definition.
dpawson DP. How to say / specifiy, Take font size from OS
dpawson Hiro. We could define specification for A11Y
dpawson DP. +1
dpawson Hiro. May not be appropriate for 1.2 spec, better in our guidelines
dpawson Action. This subCommittee to develop, then feed to main committee.
dpawson RS. Section 2.5 with DOM access.
dpawson RS. May match the web 2.0 model in ODF
dpawson Hiro. This is definition for web scripting capability, not
same as web 2.0
dpawson RS. Is Googledocs same as Open Office?
dpawson RS. I can re-purpose HTML elements, add script styling to it.
If I create a tree widget i need to be able to support semantics. I
need to know if ODF are going to do this.
dpawson   If they do, if they take a node, I could add scripting which
shows up on the document! This is the AJAX environment.
dpawson   If they do this..... we need to make this accessible
dpawson Need to ask Michael to let us know if this is going to happen
dpawson RS 3.13.2 Reload delay. Could be a delay if very dynamic.
dpawson We do need to control refresh rate.
Hiro there is no 3.13.2...
dpawson DP. Important, health and accessibility.
Hiro 3.1.13.2!
dpawson DP. change 3.1.13.2 to reference
dpawson RS. Send a note to MB to limit reload time.
dpawson DP. SEt a lower limit, or control it?
dpawson RS. WCAG 2.0 says less than 3 times per second.
RichS http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#seizure
dpawson We need that to be max limit.
dpawson User agent should be given control of rate.
dpawson   as a personal preference.
RichS http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#general-thresholddef
dpawson SN. Need to be able to change any SVG in a presentation too!
peteb http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20060427/#seizure-does-not-violate
dpawson Action. JS to write summary to group. Add wording regarding
reload delay, 3.13.2.
dpawson DP. SVG animation may impact this?
dpawson Markup or User agent.
dpawson JS suspects its the user agent.
peteb http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/Overview.html#time-limits-required-behaviors
dpawson Action. ?? Include wording to cover control of flashing
content in animated presentation.
RichS Action: group Add wording to the next revison of the
accessibilty guidelines to allow control of the animation rate of
images in a presentation
peteb http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20060427/Overview.html#SCR16
peteb http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-TECHS-20060427/Overview.html#SCR1
peteb http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20060427/Overview.html#time-limits-required-behaviors
dpawson RS. Custom meta info. Not seen as A11y issue.
dpawson Suppress heading numbering.
dpawson Not an A11y issue. Agreed
dpawson 4.6 Change for how A11y access to changes obtained.
dpawson PB. Review how section 4.6 should supply tracking changes to AT
dpawson Action PB.
dpawson RS. 6.7 common field attributes. Can tell AT data format.
dpawson This is a guidelines issue.
dpawson E.g. this is a date format.
dpawson Action item for guidelines.
dpawson Action Group. Add wording for common field attribute forrmat
(date, int etec) in 6.7
dpawson DP. We have basis for new A11y guidelines!
dpawson RS. Should we be designing A11y landmarks.
dpawson RS. Need to define major landmarks. E.g. glossary. We need to
define those.
dpawson Action . DP. Put something to list on major landmarks.
dpawson RS 8.2.6 subtable yet to be addressed.
dpawson RS. Should address embedded headings.
dpawson PB. Not supported elsewhere.
dpawson RS. ARIA. Could provide a 'labelled-by' attribute, no grouping.
dpawson DP. Consider simpler table. See example posted to list.

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.