Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Agenda: September 6 ODF Accessibility SCMeeting

Hi Rich,

OF95DA986A.F9DADD83-ON8625734C.006FC85D-8625734C.0070356A@us.ibm.com" type="cite">

Do you think this is something that should be added to ATK/ATSPI? I was not on the call where this action item was raised.

It is a real edge case.  I'm not certain how real an issue this is in the field.  Also, in talking with Willie Walker about this, there are some potential strategies for exposing this information within our existing APIs.

So, fundamentally, I'm not sure...

OF95DA986A.F9DADD83-ON8625734C.006FC85D-8625734C.0070356A@us.ibm.com" type="cite">

A couple other questions:

What is your position keeping the same format of the accessibility guidelines we have today vs. following the W3C ATAG structure? http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ATAG20-20061207/

Also, have the accessibility guidelines been made available publicly on the OASIS site? If not, shouldn't we have OASIS make a public announcement about them?

It is my fault it isn't published by OASIS.  While we ratified the document (the "final draft"), I need to change the footer, and change some of the stuff on the front page, to make this a true "final" document and get it published.

I have been utterly buried in burning fires that I'm way behind delivering.  I'll get to it just as soon as I have two spare moments...

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

OF95DA986A.F9DADD83-ON8625734C.006FC85D-8625734C.0070356A@us.ibm.com" type="cite">

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer
Inactive hide details for Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@Sun.COM>Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@Sun.COM>

Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

cc

office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Subject

Re: [office-accessibility] Agenda: September 6 ODF Accessibility SC Meeting

Hi Rich, gang,

I will have to miss this call (I'm in DC, hip-deep in Section 508 rewrite fun).

I see one action item assigned explicitly to me, and I completed it a while ago. AT-SPI does NOT have a way of conveying multiple, dis-joint header cells.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

      Please note your open action items. We will discuss these on the call.

      Thursday 6Sep; 8am PT / 10am CST/ 11am ET / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET

      US: 1-877-421-0030
      Toll: 770-615-1247

      Toll Free Toll

      UK: 0808-234-1969 +44 2070260533

      IBM Tie-Line: 421-0030
      IBM ITN: 2-421-0030
      2-421-0035 from Europe

      The passcode is a11yorg aka 2119674.

      IRC:
      http://irc.oasis-open.org
      channel: "&office-accessibility"

      I would like to propose for our agenda:

      Agenda: September 6 ODF Accessibility SC Meeting

      1. Assign scribe and role call
      2. Approve August 23 Minutes:
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200708/msg00023.html
      3. Review Open Action Items
      4. Discuss Format for Accessibility Guidelines 1.2

      Latest ODF 1.2 Draft:
      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/25035/OpenDocument-v1.2-draft5.odt

      Open Action Items

      1. Everyone to put forward accessibility points in ODF v1.1 that are
      "worth documenting"
      -> Look to WCAG 2.0, TEITAC Content a11y guidelines draft, our own
      comparison document, DAISY transformation, Braille generation, our own
      experience - to build the list
      2. Dave Pawson: look at HTML example on slide #3 of Hiro, to see how we
      can encode the "San Jose" stuff in ODF (see Hiro's e-mail

      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/group_public/email/office-accessibility/200708/msg00005.html)
      3. Chieko to review glossary changes in subcommittee draft #2, reply
      with any concerns/edits/changes
      4. Peter Korn & Pete Brunet - verify how ATK & IAccessible2 can convey
      multiple dis-joint row & column headers (Hiro's slides #8 & #13 from his
      e-mail

      http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/group_public/email/office-accessibility/200708/msg00005.html)
      which ODF can encode so long as the headers are in their own groups

      5. (From August 23 meeting) - Group Actions
        • Modify next version of accessibility guidelines to ensure applications respond to system font and color settings.
        • Add wording to the next revison of the accessibilty guidelines to allow control of the animation rate of
          images in a presentation
        • Modify accessibility guidelines to state how common field attributes (section 6.7 of the ODF 1.2 spec.) should be supplied to the AT. The field attributes would
          indicate whether something were a boolean, gregorian date, etc.

      6. (From August 23 meeting) - Janina to create new wording for reload delay (section 3.13.2) which would allow user agents to control the reload delay and to state the
      WCAG requirements for content refreshing to prevent seizures. We need wording to provide control over flashing Here are some related links

      7. (From August 23 meeting) - Pete Brunet review review section 4.6 of the
      ODF 1.2 specification and see how an application should supply tracking change information to an AT. Write proposal on how this should be addressed in the accessibility guidelines