Subject: ODF Accessibility Guidelines

Rob, Michael,

The ODF Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/download.php/25664/ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines_v1.0-candidate.odt) completed its public review on December 21 and no comments were received. The group has voted that these guidelines be posted to the public OASIS web site for ODF. If this requires Committee Specifcation Status we would ask that the ODF TC vote on this.

What is the process moving forward so that we can get the guidelines public on the OASIS site?

We are going to begin on a revised version of the guidelines targeted at ODF 1.2. Although the guidelines are non-normative Peter thought there would be a bundling of the guidelines with a collection of documents related to ODF 1.2. Is this true? We will need to know the timeline for 1.2. Looking at the ODF TC internal site we have not seen a revision to the ODF 1.2 specification since September so perhaps this has been pushed out. What is the timeline for ODF 1.2?

Thanks,

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer