Subject: JTC1/SC34 Resolution on Accessibility

Although I did not attend the recent JTC1/SC34 Plenary in Oslo, I notice that they adopted the following resolution, which acknowledges the work you all have done on ODF Accessibility Guidelines.

Are any TC members here also involved in JTC1's SWG-A?

-Rob

Resolution 1: Accessibility in SC 34

SC 34 notes: SC 34 resolves that accessibility considerations will be taken fully into account in current and future projects and urges its members to review the work of JTC1 SWG-A (especially PDTR 29138), W3C WAI and others, and to play an active part in the implementation and further development of accessibility guidelines

SC 34 requests that the SC34 Secretariat / Japanese National Body make a report to the next SC34 Plenary Meeting on the results of the JTC1 SWG-A meeting in Tokyo, Japan, 16-19 June 2008.

Unanimous