Subject: Fw: [office-accessibility] Fw: ODF Accessibility SC Minutes - April 10

Please see the attached below:
Thanks.

Chieko.

----- Forwarded by Chieko Asakawa/Japan/IBM on 2008/04/21 17:17 -----

             Tatsuya
             Ishihara/Japan/IB
             M                                                          To
                                       Chieko Asakawa/Japan/IBM@IBMJP
             2008/04/21 16:54                                           cc
                                       Hironobu Takagi/Japan/IBM@IBMJP
                                                                   Subject
                                       Fw: [office-accessibility] Fw: ODF
                                       Accessibility SC Minutes - April 10

Asakawa-san,

Could you forward this mail to ODF Accessibility mailing list?

I attached proposal for work items assigned to Hiro (b), (c), (i)
He cannot attend today, so I will explain about these items.,

As for the topic of Japanese Braille encoding, we don't know how the tags
(<time>, <range> etc) are used in BrailleML.
It is better to ask Murata-san why these tags are necessary to create
BrailleML.
If he needs these tags to add semantics, this issue can be solved by
metadata description.

----
Proposal

>b) Hiro - Write proposed modification to 8.1.1 to add caption-id for
table, and 9.2.15.2 to include tables - <ref
name="common-draw-caption-id-attlist"/>
>*** Rich will check with Hiro to see if he has proposed language

Original proposal is here.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200711/msg00005.html

We propose to add this section to chapter 8 of ODF 1.2 spec.

8.1.1.* Caption ID

The table:caption-id attribute establishes a relationship between a table
and its caption.
It takes a value of type IDREF. The value for the table:caption-id
attribute is the target ID assigned to the paragraphs that contains the
caption.

When a caption is assigned by a user agent, an id must be assigned to the
element containing the text used to caption a table element.
The table element being captioned must then be assigned the
table:caption-id attribute with an IDREF equivalent to the id of paragraphs
containing the captioning text,
thus establishing a relationship between the captioned text and the table
captioned as needed for accessibility.
Removing the caption should result in removing the table:caption-id
attribute of the table that was being captioned.
If the user agent supports a platform which provides a table:caption-id
relationship in its
accessibility API, this relationship for captions should be used to fulfill
the relationship.

<define name="table-table-attlist" combine="interleave">
      <optional>
            <attribute name="table:caption-id">
                  <ref name="IDREF"/>
            </attribute>
      </optional>
</define>

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200711/msg00007.html
)
>*** Pending Hiro

Original proposal is here.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200711/msg00005.html

We propose to modify following sections of ODF 1.2 spec.

8.5.2.4 Automatic Find Labels
The table:automatic-find-labels attribute specifies whether or not to
automatically find the labels of rows and columns.
If the attribute's value is true, automatically assigned table labels
should be presented as "table headers" to assistive technologies through
accessibility APIs.

8.6.1.7 Contains Header
The table:contains-header attribute specifies whether or not the the
content of the database range's first row or column should be used to
specify labels.
If the attribute's value is true, the content of the first cell within a
row or column can be used to reference the whole row or column within many
spreadsheet operations,
for instance from within data pilots.
In this case, automatically assigned table labels should be presented as
"table headers" to assistive technologies through accessibility APIs.

>i) Provide wording in the to address dynamic, asynchronous updates There
are several topics in the specs related to ?asynchronous automatic update?
of contents or values. Automatic updates should be carefully presented to
>assistive technologies through accessibility APIs. Documents are becoming
more dynamic- async updates - some examples: linked tables, database
ranges, scripting, text sections, DDE connections.
>*** Action item Hiro

Original proposal is here.
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200711/msg00005.html

We propose to add this section to chapter 3 of ODF accessibility
guildeline.

3.4 Special considerations for dynamic ODF contents
If the content is automatically updated in any way, automatic updates
should be carefully presented
to assistive technologies through accessibility APIs.
The following functions create dynamic ODF contents.

automatic refresh
- 8.3.2.6 Refresh Delay (Linked tables)
- 8.6.1.10 Refresh Delay (Database Ranges)

scripting
- 6.6.6 Script

referring external sources
- 4.4 Text Sections embedding
- 6.5 Database Fields
- 6.6.9 DDE Connection Fields
- 8.3.2 Linked Tables
- 8.4.1 Linked Table Cells
- 8.10 DDE Links (spreadsheet)
- 9.3.5 Objects (ODF document or ole objects)
- 9.3.7 Plugins
- 11 Database Front-end Document Content
- 13.6 DDE Connections

Best regards.
Tatsuya

---
Tatsuya Ishihara
IBM Tokyo Research Laboratory (Mail Code: LAB-S77)
E-mail : tisihara@jp.ibm.com
Tel: +81-46(215)4978     Fax: +81-46(274)4282

----- Forwarded by Tatsuya Ishihara/Japan/IBM on 2008/04/21 16:45 -----

         [office-accessibility] Fw: ODF Accessibility SC Minutes - April 10

         Pete Brunet
                     to:
                       office-accessibility
                                                                 2008/04/17 00:15

Resending minutes with one edit: changed action item 8f from Pete to Janina
(Janina was the original assignee for that action item.)

1) Rollcall/Scribe - Attending:  Rich, Peter K, Steve, Malte, Pete B -
Regrets: Janina, Chieko Hiro - Scribe Pete B

2) Piror minutes approved

3) New meeting time - Mike P not present, Thursday bad for him - Let's try
for 10 am on Fridays

4) Training guidelines - deferred until larger group on call

5) 1.2 spec work items
- Current schedule likely to move out about a month
a) How does ODF do language tagging of a range of text?  Font attributes?
And how best to tag a string as "Grade 2 English Braille", vs. "music
Braille in German".
*** Action item Rich - investigate how ODF does language tagging for a
range of text, e.g. how to handle language switching
b) Hiro - Write proposed modification to 8.1.1 to add caption-id for table,
and 9.2.15.2 to include tables - <ref
name="common-draw-caption-id-attlist"/>
*** Rich will check with Hiro to see if he has proposed language
c) Hiro to provide more information related to table headers (from
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200711/msg00007.html
)
*** Pending Hiro
d) Address David's concern that headings were made available in an easy to
discern way. ... H2s followed by H1s etc. He obtained that structure from
an additional file.  Came back in an OOo update, and that information was
no longer available.  Was Dave relying on optional attributes that are no
longer there, or did OOo break the spec.?
*** Action item Peter K - check to see if this is a bug in OpenOffice
e) Assign team members
*** wait for Hiro to attend

6) 1.1 Guidelines work items - Peter K sent in text and is waiting for
response from TC
*** no response from TC yet

7) 1.2 Guidelines work items
a) Rich to find deadlines for ODF 1.2; also to verify whether TC would like
to see our 1.2 guidelines doc delivered at same time (in same "bundle") as
1.2 spec.
*** pending
b) Pete Brunet: Provide guidelines as to how to supply tracking change
information to ATs. Malte & Pete & others have been looking at how to
expose document revision information in platform a11y APIs, so they can be
exposed via IAcc2 and ATK/AT-SPI.  Are converging on a specification.
*** MT we don't tell implementers how to use an a11y API - PK we could add
a checklist showing implementers what they need to expose
*** Action item Peter K - create text for this

8) Miscellaneous Action items
a) [unassigned] Can OOo be a good codebase for Marc to start from for the
Icon (which is ARM based)
*** not an issue for this group, remove from action items
b) Pete B to set up a meeting at CSUN around the revision API
*** this didn't happen - but good progress has been made on email
c) Should guidelines provide any direction on animations?
*** unassigned - missed covering this action item during the meeting
d) Modify next version of accessibility guidelines to ensure applications
respond to system font and color settings.
*** Action item Peter K to develop text
e) Add wording to the next revision of the accessibility guidelines to
allow control of the animation rate of images in a presentation
*** Action item Rich S and Dave P
f)  Modify accessibility guidelines to state how common field attributes
(section 6.7 of the ODF 1.2 spec.) should be supplied to the AT. The field
attributes would indicate whether something were a boolean, gregorian date,
etc.
*** Action item Janina
g) Create new wording for reload delay (section 3.13.2) which would allow
user agents to control the reload delay and to state the WCAG requirements
for content refreshing to prevent seizures. We need wording to provide
control over flashing Here are some related links
http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-WCAG20-20070517/#general-thresholddef
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20060427/#seizure-does-not-violate

*** Rich to work with Janina
h) Pete Brunet: Provide guidelines as to how to supply tracking change
information to ATs.
*** A new interface is being developed in the Open A11y groups
i) Provide wording in the to address dynamic, asynchronous updates There
are several topics in the specs related to ?asynchronous automatic update?
of contents or values. Automatic updates should be carefully presented to
assistive technologies through accessibility APIs. Documents are becoming
more dynamic- async updates - some examples: linked tables, database
ranges, scripting, text sections, DDE connections.
*** Action item Hiro

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 838-4594, Cell: (512) 689-4155
Ionosphere: WS4G