Subject: RE: [office-accessibility] OASIS ODF Accessibility meeting, Monday June 30th, 7am PT / 9am CT / 10am ET / 4pm CET / 11pm Japan time

Appears that I missed today's meeting. My apologies. My calendar is coming up with a start time of 11:00 AM ET.

Hopefully everyone received the Campaign document. Please feel free to send comments / suggestions.

- Mike

Mike Paciello
Cell: +1.603.566.7713

From: Peter.Korn@Sun.COM [mailto:Peter.Korn@Sun.COM]
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 2:23 AM
To: office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear colleagues,

We continue our third in a series of meetings every other week of the OASIS ODF Accessibility subcommittee, next week, Monday June 30th, at 7am PT / 9am CT / 10am ET / 4pm CET / 11pm Japan time. Please use our usual (and unpublished) dial-in, and our usual IRC channel: &office-accessibility at irc.oasis-open.org

We continue to feel that the ODF 1.2 spec. isn't quite ready for our review.  So I suggest we focus our energies on the other general work areas, to wit:
 a. General ODF Accessibility Guidelines improvements separate from the v1.2 work
 b. Mike Paciello's "get the word out" campaign

Suggested agenda:

1. Approval of minutes from 16June08 meeting (attached, and also at: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-accessibility/200806/msg00027.html)

2. Review of the non-ODF v1.2 status of the OASIS ODF Accessibility Guidelines.  Latest draft can be found attached, with change tracking showing what is new (see specifically Section 3.4 starting on page 26 and Appendix A on page 55).  I believe Rich was sheepherding this draft, collecting the text to then pass over to me.  Rich - though you sent your regrets being unable to attend the meeting, perhaps you have status you can share with us?  My understanding is that in addition to these new pieces, the following topics are still slated to be added:
  • Section 2.6 on Avoiding Triggering Seizures (written by Janina, but not yet integrated into the guidelines)

  • Janina to modify accessibility guidelines to state how common field attributes (section 6.7 of the ODF 1.2 spec.) should be supplied to the AT. The field attributes would indicate whether something were a boolean, Gregorian date, etc.

  • Peter to add a new section with guidelines as to how to provide tracking information to ATs

  • Peter to update the section on

  • Rich to add wording to the next revision with text to allow control of the animation rate of images in a presentation [is this done as part of the 3.4 work?]
Are there others I have failed to capture (beyond anything new for ODF v1.2)?

3. Mike update (I hope it's OK my putting you on the spot here w/out notice!)

4. New action items from last week:
  • ACTION: Pete Brunet to look at current drafts and identify chart accessibility issues for the specification and the guidelines and to write proposals if necessary

  • ACTION: Pete Brunet to follow up on thread to see if a native table was added to draw:frame in the schema.

  • ACTION: Steve Noble to look at formulas specification identify data that would update frequently, such as volatile formula information that would require the Office application to inform the AT of updates sections. Will complete by next meeting.
5. Old action items from before;
  • ACTION: Peter Korn to provide provide guidelines as to how to provide tracking information to ATs; and modify guidelines to ensure applications respond to system font and color settings.

  • ACTION: Tatsui/Hiro work on improving text of this section to indicate to the office application as to how to notify the AT when changes occur. Also, since DDE exchanges happen at load time do we need to worry about updates. Finally, do we need to mark live areas as they are occuring in the background and not in response to user actions.

  • ACTION: Pete provide Tatsui, Hiro with events from IAccessible2 and MSAA as examples.

  • ACTION: Pete follow up on thread to see if a native table was added to draw:frame in the schema.