Subject: Agenda: July 14 ODF Accessibility Subcommittee Meeting (revisiont toinclude Pete's IA2 event review)

Dear colleagues,

This is the agenda for the OASIS ODF Accessibility subcommittee meeting: Monday July 14, at 7am PT / 9am CT / 10am ET / 4pm CET / 11pm Japan time. Please use our usual (and unpublished) dial-in, and our usual IRC channel:
&office-accessibility at irc.oasis-open.org

Based on the last discussion with the ODF TC we need to be looking to get things wrapped in September regarding requirements. We do face some hurdles as we don't feel the ODF 1.2 spec. is really ready for review. So I suggest we focus our energies on the other general work areas, to with:

a. General ODF Accessibility Guidelines improvements separate from the v1.2 work
b. Mike Paciello's "get the word out" campaign

You will see another update of the ODF 1.2 Accessibility Guidelines and related discussion points.

Suggested agenda:

1.
Minutes June 30 Meeting? A bit difficult to put an agenda together without knowing what was discussed at the last meeting. Can someone post these before Monday?

2. Accessibility Awareness:

3. Review of the non-ODF v1.2 status of the OASIS ODF Accessibility Guidelines. Latest draft can be found attached, with change tracking showing what is new (see specifically Section 3.4 starting on page 26 and Appendix A on page 55). I believe Rich was sheepherding this draft, collecting the text to then pass over to me.

Are there others I have failed to capture (beyond anything new for ODF v1.2)?

3. Discussion of Pete's Chart Accessibility Analysis: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200806/msg00032.html

Did Michael Brauer address your question regarding ill-defined chart information? Is someone working on it in the TC?

5. Old action items from before;

Latest Office 1.2 specification:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/download.php/28781/OpenDocument-v1.2draft7-4.odt

(See attached file: odfguide-rich2.odt)(See attached file: ODF Awareness Campaign Plans.odt)

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

odfguide-rich2.odt

ODF Awareness Campaign Plans.odt