Subject: Re: [office] Proposal for Radio Button grouping

Malte Timmermann wrote:
> +1.
>
> I also didn't understand the need for group names when the existing name
> can do the same. The name even doesn't have to be anything reasonable,
> since it's IMHO internally used only, nothing the user or AT must
> see/read. (A sighted user also won't see it when just using the form).
>
> If the user should see anything, it's then up to the author to provide a
> group box or something else, which then can have a name and description.

The ODF control for this is <form:frame>.

> Which leads me to the question: Very often you don't have group boxes
> anymore, but simply a label, maybe with some line.
>
> How can I specify that the label belongs to the group?

The label would be  a <form:fixed-text> element. It has an (optional)
attribute "form:for" which contains the ID of a control for which the
text is a label.

The same attribute is actually existing for the <form:frame> element
which defines a group box. Her, it can be used to spacify that the group
  box is the label for a set of radio buttons.

Michael
StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten