Subject: Revised Office A11y Minutes: Monday October 27th

The attached minutes are as amended and approved during our November 10
call. The November 10 minutes will follow shortly.

Janina

> [...]
> * Malte: Provide input on charts backed by disjoint cells:
>             How does (or how will) OpenOffice provide access to charts
>             backed by disjoint cell ranges either in a single or multiple
>             tables? If this case be done today, what are the examples?
>             http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/200808/msg00054.html
>
>             http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-accessibility-challenge.ogg
>
>             http://mediacast.sun.com/share/korn/chart-in-writer.behavior.ogg
>

> * Pete: Ask Symphony team about best practices for radio button groups (see
> last action item above). Peter Korn to ask Orca team.
>
> What are the best practices for creating button groups?  There are two
> tags providing labeling: 1)form:frame and 2) form:fixed-text.  In the
> latter case, i.e. static text is labeling a group of buttons (rather
> than the buttons being groups in a form:frame, would you be able to
> implement an accessible hierarchy (including the proper relations) for a
> button group?
>

> 5. Other Action item from prior meeting
>
> * Janina to clarify text in section 3.4. Was this sent to Peter
>
> Draft revision provided at:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200810/msg00008.html
>
> * Janina to modify accessibility guidelines to state how common field
> attributes (section 6.7 of the ODF 1.2 spec.) should be supplied to the AT.
> The field attributes would indicate whether something were a Boolean,
> Gregorian date, etc.
>
> OBE See October 6 minutes at:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200810/msg00009.html
>
> * Steve Noble to look at formulas specification identify data that would
> update frequently, such as volatile formula information that would require
> the Office application to inform the AT of updates sections. Will complete
> by next meeting. Steve has moved on. Rich and Peter to determine how to
> handle.
> * Rich to provide base document for ODF 1.2 change specification (starting
> with caption-id reference) to Mike Paciello. Mike is to own the
> requirements document for ODF 1.2 which will be submitted to the ODF TC.
> Rich is waiting on a decision as to where the ODF schema is to reside
> (separate or within the base document).
>
> NEW ACTION ITEMS
>
> ACTION: Peter to consult with Vincent Spiewak re how DAISY conversion will want to
> handle repeating table headers.
>
> PK: [Contacted VS during call:] Vincent replies that in DAISY you can insert a pagenum tag within the
>            table to indicate a new page for tables that span multiple pages.
>
> ACTION CLOSED
>
> ACTION: Rich and Pete will investigate how we might map repeating table
> headers to PDF tags.
>
> ACTION: Peter and Pete to specify the text of how table row and column
> handling is done in our apis.
>
> ACTION: Peter to consider/Update our guidelines to cover Apple api.

Janina Sajka,	Phone:	+1.202.595.7777;	sip:janina@a11y.org

Linux Foundation		http://a11y.org

IPv6 is the answer!

Minutes
Office Accessibility SubCommittee Teleconference
Monday, 27 October 2008 (Revised)
Submitted by Janina Sajka

[...]

ACTION CLOSED: We will continue our Guidelines as a separate document.