Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] ODF 1.2 accessibility guidelines

Peter, I currently have the document and was going to take a stab at that along with a few other things.  If you have some text or just thoughts let me know.  Rather than getting into the details of documenting the mapping from ODF to MSAA/IA2 and ATK I was going to put something more generic in section 2.3.1 "Characteristics of Engineered Accessibility Frameworks".

Pete Brunet

IBM Accessibility Architecture and Development
11501 Burnet Road, MS 9022E004, Austin, TX 78758
Voice: (512) 286-5485, Cell: (512) 689-4155
Ionosphere: WS4G

From: Peter Korn <Peter.Korn@Sun.COM>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: Pete Brunet/Austin/IBM@IBMUS, office-accessibility@lists.oasis-open.org
Date: 01/14/2009 05:35 PM
Sent by: Peter.Korn@Sun.COM

Richard,

For this AI, where do you expect the text to go in the guidelines document?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Accessibility Architect & Principal Engineer,
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

I updated the guidelines to cover PDF conversion and remove the special casing of Tables in Presentations. Meanwhile I will look at live regions. ... I am trying to get this all wrapped up. I had some problems getting the table of contents working properly but that is largely editorial. I want this wrapped up soon so we can put together a final document that can be reviewed. I need to get the ODF work off my plate to work on other efforts as I know both of you do. Again, Peter thank you for applying the other changes.

Can both of you get together coordinate a change for this action item:

- Peter Korn and Pete Brunet to specify the text of how table row and column information are mapped in ATK and IA2
Pete's response:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-accessibility/email/archives/200811/msg00020.html

(See attached file: ODF_Accessibility_Guidelines_v1.1_v1-4Jan11.odt)

Rich Schwerdtfeger
blog:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer