Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] [Fwd: Re: Accessibility concerns (ODF pt 1, publicreview 1)]

If we think there is any room for confusion, we could add a statement
along the lines of:

"Click" and "press" refer to abstract user interface actions, regardless
of input device or interface used to generate such actions.

On the other hand, I see that XForms, which as we know was designed not to
require a GUI, defines their UI in similar terms.  For example, "4.4.12
The DOMActivate Event":  "Dispatched in response to: the 'default action
request' for a core form control, for instance pressing a button or
hitting enter."

-Rob

Malte.Timmermann@Sun.COM wrote on 04/14/2010 10:44:44 AM:

> Malte.Timmermann@Sun.COM
>
> Hi Accessibility SC colleagues,
>
> the last mail on our mailing list was in April - last year - so I
> thought it might be a good time for writing something here ;)
>
> Alex Brown has some concerns wrt wording in ODF specification and
> accessibility.
>
> I don't share his concerns, but maybe somebody here has a different
> opinion about this (see below)?
>
> Best,
> Malte.

API).