Subject: Welcome - Advanced Document Collaboration Subcommittee

Welcome to the new OpenDocument - Advanced Document Collaboration
Subcommittee!

We have some important work to do in this new subcommittee, and it is
good to see a good number of representatives from different
organisations. I will do my best to move things forward at an
appropriate speed, and to this end I suggest that we have an initial
conference call next Wednesday, 15 December at 14:00 hours GMT. I will
post details of an agenda and phone numbers to call in the next few days.

After that initial conference call, and based on comments from members
of the subcommittee, I will put together a road map to guide our work
and concentrate our efforts in the right areas.

I anticipate that we will work through the e-mail list and with a
conference call every  2 to 3 weeks. Our processes will not need to be
as formal as that of the technical committee, because all of our work
will need to be approved by the TC in order to progress further.

Thanks to all of you for volunteering to take part in this subcommittee,
and I look forward to working with you.

Best regards,
Robin

Robin La Fontaine, Director, DeltaXML Ltd  "Change control for XML"
T: +44 1684 592 144  E: robin.lafontaine@deltaxml.com
http://www.deltaxml.com
Registered in England 02528681 Reg. Office: Monsell House, WR8 0QN, UK