Subject: Re: [office-collab] Wiki updates: Requirements and Use Cases

Hi all,

On 21.01.2011 01:00, Doug Mahugh wrote:
> I’ve reviewed the list of requirements and use cases on the wiki, and it looks like a great start. Thanks for pulling this together, Robin.
>
> Regarding use cases, the list is quite comprehensive and seems close to complete. One thing I did was to compare that list to the various things that ISO/IEC 29500 change tracking covers, and they line up pretty well but there are a few areas that may be worth adding to our list.  One broad general category would be changes to document layout, as opposed to document content. For example, changes to a document’s page size, orientation, or number of columns (Part 1, Section 17.13.5.32 sectPrChange), or changes to a table’s properties such as column width (Part 1, Section 17.13.5.33 tblGridChange). These sorts of changes can have a significant effect on the user’s perception of a document even if the document text has not changed, and they’re the sorts of things that people often tweak in multi-user collaborative editing scenarios, so it would be useful to be able to manage those changes in the same way that content changes are managed.

Let's put it more general: We have to consider changes to both document
styles and automatic styles of all possible kinds: text styles,
paragraph styles, table styles, section styles, page layout styles, etc.

Regads,

Frank

--
Frank Meies | Software Engineer
Phone: +49 40 23646 500

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande