Subject: Thoughts and Comments on extended-change-tracking-proposal

Hi,

I have had a change to go through the new change-tracking proposal and
please find below my initial thoughts and comments.

I'm aware of the fact that this specification is intended as a
"general vision document" than a full specification, but it would be
nice to know the over-all approach that the proposal intends to take
to support the below mentioned use-cases because that would a criteria
( implementation complexity and feasibility to support not-so-simple
scenarios ) in comparing multiple approaches.

Thanks,
Ganesh

1. Missing support for certain types of delete merges.
The use-cases that come under this category are
- Paragraph merge with a list-item
- A list-item merge with paragraph.
- List-item merge with another list-item
- List merge with another list.
These use-cases are illustrated under the category "Other" ( I.1
through I.7) at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ChangeTrackingUseCases

2. Missing support for table cell splits and merges ( Single as well
as multiples and combinations. example:- two consecutive horizontal
merges followed by a vertical merge )
These use-cases are illustrated under the category "Tables" ( C.7
through C.10) at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ChangeTrackingUseCases

3. Clarification needed for multiple and over-lapping change
use-cases. It is not entirely clear whether these use-cases are
supported or not. Would be great to see this specifically addressed in
the proposal.
Some examples ( non-exhaustive ) of this category are
- A paragraph addition followed by a merge of the paragraph with a
preceding paragraph.
- Text addition followed by format-change followed by deletion of the text
- Paragraph addition followed by style-change followed by deletion of
the paragraph.
- Text-deletion followed by deletion of the paragraph
- Text-addition followed by deletion of the paragraph.
- List-item addition followed by a merge with a succeeding paragraph.
Some of these use-cases are illustrated under the category "Multiple
Changes" (F.1 through F.11) at
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/ChangeTrackingUseCases