Subject: RE: [office-collab] Thoughts and Comments onextended-change-tracking-proposal

By the way, while I look into this, I’d like to solicit input from others on how some of these cases should look.  Again, we intended this document to be a starting point of discussion, a catalyst for the subcommittee to create an inclusive design, not a specification of how I think every detail of a design must look.  I’d love to hear from others who have expertise in this area as they likely have some insights I may not.

John

From: John Haug [mailto:johnhaug@exchange.microsoft.com]
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2011 5:45 PM
To: office-collab@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Ganesh –

Yes, as general text edits, we would certainly intend for #1 and #3 to be supported in an extension to the current change tracking model.  Same for #2 as a basic table edit.

I can start looking at building example markup snippets, though that will take some time given the number of specific cases called out.  Until then, some general guidance that might help: While working on the proposal it came out that each category of change essentially established a basic pattern.  So while each of the specific items listed below as example cases would be a separate markup snippet, they follow common patterns and you should be able to get a quick sense of the markup/implementation complexity by looking at similar examples in the proposal document.

John