Subject: Re: [office-collab] Generic CT proposal - an implementer's look at it

Hi,

Just wanted to give my opinion from an implementation view-point of
the generic-ct-proposal.

I agree that for some use-cases there may be multiple ways of
representing the same change. Some use-cases that I can think of that
come under this category are

- Paragraph splits
- Paragraph with Paragraph merges
- Paragraph with Header merges
- Header with Paragraph merges

However, I have found that all the different ways to represent changes
for the above use-cases capture the actual change accurately and
precisely. i.e It is possible for an implementation to determine the
change unambiguously and thereby to represent that change in it's
internal model. It would great to remove the redundancy if possible
though.

Do you have any specific use-cases other than the above mentioned ones
that you had in mind to illustrate this problem ?

Thanks,
Ganesh