Subject: RE: [office-collab] Suggestions for moving forward to resolveissues

Hi,
  I created the below with OpenOffice 3.3.0 which comes with Fedora. The
interface to OpenOffice doesn't make it simple to change styles for the
caption, though if it is a text:p as the XML indicates then it should be
fully legal to do so? Indeed, if one directly pokes the XML and makes
part of the caption bold then OO will render it as such.

  The changes I am talking about are very much like the ones I made to
content.xml, sans adding the second paragraph to get OO to generate the
bold style I wanted to use in the caption.

pic-and-caption.odt is not molested in any way.

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 22:02 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Ben, send me an ODT document that has the nested <text:p><draw:frame>
> business and let's see what a Native ODF application actually does
> with the change you are talking about.
>
> Send it in its unaltered form and include in the text what changes
> you'd like to see made to it.
>
> I've already posted two documents that show what some allowed
> deletions and insertions do (and that, it happens, fail in one way or
> other where I have tested them).  But you can see the related XML as
> well.  None of it is done by some sort of diffing process.  It is
> rather more interesting than that.
>
>  - Dennis

pic-and-caption.odt

pic-and-caption2.odt