Subject: Re: [office-collab] Let's Keep the Cases Straight

Hi,
  On page 17 of the extended proposal the example shows the entire
draw:frame replaced for any change. On the other hand, reading the GCT
proposal as it stands one would implement atomic changes such as 6.3.2
for style modifications to a caption:
<text:span delta:insertion-type='insert-around-content' ...>

  So the view in this particular example is founded on the proposals
themselves. Stepping back from the ECT/GCT comparison, I think the
larger trap is to force context dependant processing on common elements
such as text:p.

  In abiword, and I'd imagine in many other applications, the load path
for ODF uses the same code to turn text:p elements and their children
into the internal objects that the application uses to represent the
document. Frank Meies has commented that OOo uses this same scheme where
all text:p use the same codepath.

  The context dependant processing of text:p means that such code paths
would have to be duplicated; one for text:p elements at top level, and
another for text:p elements buried inside a bucket.